Thread: New Wetsuit
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Default New Wetsuit

Its time for me to get a new wetsuit since my current one's near dead from years of diving(and I may have gained some weight). From searching the forum, it seems like 3/2 is the preferred thickness for our area but I still have a coupla questions. I'm considering getting both a shorty and a full suit since I dive, snorkel, and now kite, I can use both. Would you guys go for 3/2 in the shorty and 4/3 in the full, or stick with same thickness for both? Keep in mind I'm a newb, still finishing up my lessons, so I'll be spending plenty of time in the water instead of on the board through the rest of the cold weather. Also, I'm not quite that hardcore yet, so I won't be out in anything too crazy cold. I'm not quite at the level to control a kite through shivers.

My other question is, searching the threads, pretty much everybody recommends a different brand or particular suit. Can anyone recommend some shops to check out different wetsuits. I've been to WSW and checked out what they have, but before buying I wanted to check out a couple other of the brands I've read about that they don't carry, so I can decide what I like best. I dont want to just order something off the internet and have to send it back because it doesn't fit me well

Thanks in advance,
Richard