View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Skyway Scott

I will still be on my (nearly) one kite quiver for 14 knots to 35. That kite is still in great shape. Going to make the 15m Hyper last as long as possible (until it falls to pieces or explodes) and get a replacement for it.

I am hoping the 14m Royal Era will be a good kite, because the price point is fairly unreal for basically a Hyper type.
If it sucks (which is unlikely), I will get a 14.5 Ion2 as my light(er) wind kite.
I am really hoping to go back to my "old" strategy of buying a kite one year after its release, keep it in good shape, sell it used for a few hundred less than I bought it, and buy the '08 kites when the '09s are released.
That strategy worked great for a few years, with me spending (after trade in costs) about 700 a year to get two new kites.
This year though, the two kites I personally liked the best actually sold out long before the 08 stuff came out . Hope that doesn't happen again this year.

With the onslaught of the "Trans-guess-kite" revolution and people doubting C kites values, I had one year where I did buy the kites NEW and also had very little resale value in my C kites. That was a sucky year in terms of kiting cost.
Oh well, it was worth it to not have to constantly second guess myself on which kite to rig. Hopefully we have a market correction for used kite values back in play (?).

In other words, I plan on demoing your guys' kites and then cherry picking the best ones at close out prices at the end of the season!