Thread: Sat DP?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 01:29 PM
tomstock

I agree... I went out on my 21m... really not having fun.. pulling like a pig and turning so slow I could barely jump it.

Went in and rigged my 15M. Was just 'ok' on my light wind board, and definately underpowered on my regular board.

Then out of nowhere Scott starts throwing 10ft jumps with no effort on his 15M Red RRD. WTF!!! I need to try that kite I am thinking to myself. So finally Scott offers and I climb into the red wagon. I was underpowered for about 5 seconds until I hit the power band of that kite (which is all up top). WHAM I am now lit out of my mind... completely overpowered :shock:

Only problem was, when I slowed down, I was underpowered again. Seemed I couldn't find the middle ground...either sinking or dragging my butt trying to slow the beast down so that I could hold an edge. I'm not kidding.. I did a jump and came in to the beach so fast that I didn't think I was going to be able to stop!

I am completely stumped by that kite.

Anyway, I went back out on my 15m and lightwind board and spent some time learning F16s. I finally started landing them when the wind came down and the water got too shallow to ride. Wow was I happy.

Overall a good day. I am thinking about buying a 15M RRD and selling my 15m, 18m, and 21m... I am assuming by Scott's riding that I would eventually get the power band figured out. I really liked the way it flew.. but it seemed like once it started pulling, pushing out the bar didn't depower it? I am also considering a waroo but am not sure of the top end.