View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Went to Bongos for a d-winder w/Eric after a good morning session. While passing T.I., saw someone teaching. Looked as though 3 newbies and 1 instructor. Newbies all had kites in the air and at the waters edge. Did not see any boards. Lots, and I mean lots of tourist and spr.breakers crowding around.

However was teaching, waved me off as though I was to close to his inexperienced riders. Didn't think I was close to any of them I was really only trying to get a look and see if indeed they were all students.

Couldn't realy tell, looked unsafe IMAO so we kept on going. Good luck teaching with that many people around.
As mentioned, the lessons I saw were at T.I. and the instuctor had one of the newbies by the back of his harness. At the time we went by, it was honking good. It may have been me you saw on my Bl. 15m Ion but we didn't even stop as there were just to many people on the beach. Its was this reason I thought lessons at that location on that day was probably not a good idea....
I guess the teacher knew what he was doing and when he waved me away from his student, I decided not to stop and we just kept heading downwind.