View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Not all kites are designed or perform the same way, not even within a given manufacturing line. Why else are there different models? That is why I made it specific to the SB III used in the demo.

I put some fairly heavy handed disclaimers and warnings in the opening post for a reason. It wasn't to discredit other kite models or brands but to state the simple fact that this approach may not work as well with all other flat kites. Some may do it even better, I have no idea. I do know that I would be very careful in evaluating this approach with any kite. As to relaunching unhooked in powered conditions? I would want to be real sure that my kite won't exert excessive power before trying that.

The impressive part of this approach to me is less about a way to solo land (there are already a bunch of ways of doing this after all), but about a way to very substantially depower a kite even beyond what you can do through normal bar inputs. As Jon detailed about his experience in that squall. I think this is a real important point to be carefully considered as an emergency option IF your kite supports it. Not all will.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi