View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 01:09 AM

Quote:
This may be a dumb question, but would you consider the handling of a Revolution quad kite (1.5 SLE) is similar to a traction kite?
No not similar at all. I have an NPW quad and while you can use a quad for buggying, landboarding, kite skating etc. you are not using handles for kiteboarding. You'll be using a bar. If you think you'll be doing some land type of kiting though, the rev would probably work ok since you'll have more control. The two are not that similar at least to me... However, the pull that the NPW can generate is as much as a trainer so in that sense the pull if the rev has much, may be similar.

One thing though, don't buy a cheapo trainer (t foil or thunder foil made by go fly a kite or someone like that) and I found anything less than 2.9 m trainer isn't as good to work with.

So if you decide you are doing more land kiting type of stuff, the quad will work for you. If you want to get in the water, a dual line is what you need.

There are people that teach quad line type of flying for buggying on land in St. Pete over by the Bilmar hotel. I hung out with a guy doing that a couple of weeks ago and it looked very fun. I however don't have a name of the instructor but possibly kitesville (a kite store here) might. As for the wind though... you'll need it whether you choose to stay on land or the water.

HTH!