View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM

The thing with REAL is that as a company they are great thing for kiteboarding, REAL is monstrous they have a lot of money great marketing techniques and ideas. They sponsor huge video projects like AUTOFOCUS an Ten4, these help REAL gain such an impeccable reputation. If someone goes to Hatteras chances are they are definately stopping by real. They have their logos on their kites, so everytime someone buys a kite from them, they instantly have their logo flying at someone elses beach. They have huge marketing campaigns, every mag has a REAL ad. When i was in hatteras last summer i saw a lot of the REAL guys, most of them are great, ex. shawn, sammy, sleazy, but all the others gave me trouble, they acted like they own the water, some would cut me off and give me dirty looks on the beach. I have no idea why. The main problem with REAL is the owners. They definately act great for the mag interviews they get, and put on smiling faces for the customers. but the stuff they do to industry competitors is ridiculous. I know of more "wrong doings: then just suing these shops. I feel as if REAL is a great idea on paper, but in actuality it's bad to have agro guys like this running the shops...