View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 AM
Skyway Scott

That's a shame Rick. I'd be pissed out of my mind if that happened to my local spot.

Unfortunately, a very small minority of kiters still have the foolish belief that their individual right to do what they want will never have a consequence upon the group. This minority apparently can't grasp the concept of cause and effect or that privileges can be taken away when abused.

It seems no matter how much others communicate with this small minority and give rational examples, such as sites being banned, they continue doing things (which can so easily be avoided) that risk access for themselves and others.

This minority of riders "exercising their personal freedom" and not being team players is selfish. Luckily it truly is a very small minority, unfortunately it only takes a few.

I am very sorry to hear this news as I simultaneously wonder how much longer it will be until a similar story about losing access is told by someone from here in St. Pete.
Maybe this most unfortunate circumstance will convince some in our minority that actions do indeed have consequences.

"It's a public place".
Rick, do bathers and the rest of the public still have access?
Lastly Rick, from your point of view and from your many experiences with "rights" being limited or taken away from kiters at public places, what does the word 'Public' mean to you?

Thanks for making us aware of this situation.
I am really sorry to hear it, but hopeful that we can learn from it.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 05-19-2007 at 05:56 AM.