View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 08:27 AM

Default OK kids.. don't do what we did....

Yesterday during a great session at backside in low tides I didnt see Billy P. flying in at high altitudes off my right shoulder.. I went to begin a tack and as he was descending my 14m waroo went directly between the lines of his 15m atom.

I had my hand on my QR faster than you could imagine but as Billy dropped down he just let his kite fall (mine was still flying fine) and he ran towards me..

I was yelling to know if he wanted me to release the kite and he just kept running towards me and let his kite drift on the water ..

Just as his kite started to catch some wind he was right next to me and i did a quick sheet in and lofted myself between his lines and out of harms way.

Contrary to popular belief, we had never practiced that previously nor will I be wanting to repeat that maneuver.

His kite never started to power up until I was in position to get clear, but I was ready to let go of the kite if it had. I think we have all heard the story of the few that have died getting tangled lines and getting lofted by dual spinning kites..

Hats off to Billy for keeping his cool and knowing what to do..

Hats off to myself for not shi**ing my pants.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa