View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 PM

yeah, kiteboarding sure is not a crime...

I think our slogan for this one is gonna be "don't pick a fight, go fly a kite!"
I have a great pic of a guide pushing his lawn mower off a flat with a nice scar behind him. I think it will look nice on a shirt. I'll let you guys know when they are available.

David killed Goliath with only one stone and a little faith.

We have the stone...

But, I DON"T WANT TO USE IT. There really are just a few haters out there that feel that God created the Florida Keys for them to fish...and only them. Most of the guides down here are really cool and most of them are my friends (and family). Heck, I'm a 4th generation fisherman in the Keys, I love fishing. But a few of these guys feel they have the power to do whatever they want. They don't. Legends in their own minds.

Don't get me wrong out there guys. I don't want to fight at all...at all. But if you (haters) back us (kiters) into a corner and threaten us with bogus claims to protect "your" territory, you will sleep in the bed you make.

I will talk to the "leaders" of this baseless attack and ask them respectfully to reconsider their perspective. And hopefully this discussion will end there... There will probably a discussion at the next Village Near Shore Water Advisory Comittee Meeting. I'll post the time so we can go throw a little party there and re-align some people's perspectives on reality.

Peace and chicken grease my peeps -

man, we need some wind

Brad Lange
Seven Kiteboarding, Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.sevensports.com
305-853-KITE

Last edited by b-rad; 07-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.