Thread: Towup Video
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 04:51 PM
E-Bone

Remember that video "High" in which Elliott, Flash, and Lou Wainman tied a rope to the back of a harness and were seeing how high the kite would take them while a few guys held the rope on a jetty upwind? I think that was done at Kite Beach in Maui. Same concept here, expect the jet ski allows you to move around, get higher.

It's good to see Jayson and Bill using a grab handle and not tying off to the tow rope. Also, it is interesting that they are starting to throw tricks while still holding the rope at lower altitudes.

Obviously, the risks appear significant, especially on the supa' big jumps. I consider both Jayson and Billy friends and want to see these two continue to kite here for a long time, so I hope they continue to respect the big tow ups for the risks they present. Neither Billy or Jayson strike me as being suicidal, stupid, or possessed of a depraved recklessness, however, as accused by some of the posters on kiteforum (who would probably not have the balls to say sh*t to either Jayson or Billy in person).

That being said, Billy and Jayson obviously march to drummers that have bigger cojones than average.