Thread: wed lunch ride
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Default You missed the fun - sort of

I got to Cypress around 5 pm yesterday and it seemed windy so I thought I would be fine on my small board 128 x 37 - woops! Should have just used the big Underground from the start and would have had a lot more fun.

The wind died for a bit after most people left then it picked back up and was getting good. Rode for a bit then came in when someone on the beach was waving to me to come in. Chester(purple/orange Turbo Diesel 2) got nailed by a stingray just feet from the shore as he was putting his board on to go back out.

The barb went in one side of his calf and out the other side and broke off. He has a big gash from where it went in and he was able to pull the broken off barb out the other side. The people at the hospital were impressed and one of the staff even took a picture - that was a little weird. Thanks to John who was a great help rounding up all of our gear and moving Chester's truck so he didn't get a "sunset" ticket.

I'll post the pic if someone can tell me how to re-size it to fit the bmp limit. I think it is 900kb now and I don't have a clue how to get it to 145kb.