View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM

Default Opinions on Waroo bridle settings

I posted this question on the Best forum and got an answer from Scott, who's opinion I respect greatly, but then there were several posts after his that gave different answers, so I figured I'd ask here too.

I finally upgraded to an 08 15m Waroo, after previously flying the 07. So I'm wondering about my bridle selection for my skill level. I've taken lessons, can ride safely, but not great, and am not doing anything other than riding back and forth and hoping to stay upwind. The only time I jump is when I screw up, but unfortunately at that point, the boards nowhere near me. I'm a heavier rider(read near 200# fatty). I'm trying to figure out where to adjust the bridle. Based on Scott's recommendation, I think I'm going to start with the a-b, which per the manual gives fairly quick turning, but not the full on pivot turn, and has light bar pressure. I still tend to some times give it a little too much from time to time on my water starts and get pulled over the board, so I think avoiding a full on pivot turn would be appropriate.

Any opinions are appreciated. I'm not sure the settings even matter that much at this point, but basically I'm trying to avoid overpowering myself when I'm waterstarting. Also, my biggest problem that I still need to get over, is I tend to pull the bar in too much and choke the kite. Again, don't know if that makes much difference. I mainly wanted the 08 due to the decreased backstalling as compared to the 07.

Not sure if I'll get many responses since its windy out, but I'm stuck at work, so its worth a try.

Richard