Thread: sunday gameplan
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:31 PM
tomstock

I rigged at 2:00, right after Chilli (Jim) got dragged into a car during a launch. He slipped in the snot, and before he had a chance to pull his QR he hit a car and dislocated his arm and got a deep 1" gash in his head. Because of the gash in his head the paramedics forced him to take the amblulance ride. Probably a good idea since you never know with a head injury... lots of people have denied the ride and died an hour later.

Anyway... it jacked up to 35knots at 1:30, and then settled back down to 25mph at around 2:00. I rode my 9m powered up and having a good time for an hour and packed it in at 3:00 and headed home. It was still blowing when I left.

Going from the 21m to the 9m threw my timing waaaay off. I ended up looping the kite every time I tried to redirect during a jump. One time I did a front roll only to see my kite completing the loop when I came around. Landed most of them so life is good. Started doing them on purpose halfway through the session.

Feel bad for Jim who missed out on the session today at the hospital. What a bummer.