View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Default What gear to get....

Here is the deal, i took my 1st lesson and according to the instructor is did extremely well for the 1st time i ever attempted kiteboarding...he said my 1st time up i actually rode upwind for like 500 meters....

I live in Miami and its not windy yet....since i took the lesson 2 weeks ago if i would have bough all the gear i would not have been able to take it out due to the lack of wind....

I really like the Cabrinha kites...specifically the Contra b\c its for "lite wind" and i want to be able to ride as much as i can...including a huge lake in our neighborhood in land. Also like BEST kites...just dont know what model to get...

I am 6ft tall and weigh 150lb

I dont have the $ right now to buy a new Contra and all the rest of the gear (have not even started to think about a board or its size)....a friend who has be kiting for some time said to just buy a used kite and board for now and then after i have been kiting for like a month go out and buy really good new gear...sounds good to me, ill have some money to spend in 1.5 months...but what used gear to buy??
(i would buy my harness new)

It seems that the BOW kites are the best way to go, that they can depower much more then a C kite and are thus safer?....or should i just go ahead and try and find a used C kite (also size 14?)...dont see to many used bow kites for sale....

what to do, what to buy, what to look for....

please any and all suggestions are greatly appricated...

thanx

-AE