View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 10:03 PM
E-Bone

I rode Backside from about 4 to 5, then it died. Then I sat around for an hour, it came back up and I got another 90 minutes in. It was pretty light, so I spent most of my time screwing around with some unhooked stuff. Toby was there, Russky, Chili, and another fellow on a 20m RRD.

I could tell that you beachside bums were getting better wind by looking at the flag at Fort Desoto. Congrats and I am glad you had a good session. I think that the cloud activity that helped you may have hurt us, although it was not stormy where we were. Intermittent clouds seemed to depress the wind...

I am not complaining because I rode quite a bit, but some observations: the stench at Backside, I presume from all the rotting seawide, was heinous. Also, there were about 50 people, 20 of them screaming kids, in the water and on the sand. With all of the pristine spots in the area, it is beyond me why anyone would go to Backside for a beach trip or stay there once getting a load of the place, especially with the reek. Dumbasses!

In keeping with the usual Backside theme, there were some odd characters around. Toby said that he spotted some guy walking around wearing butt floss, and, in Toby's words, a "sock on his d*ck." Glad I didn't see him myself.