View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

All I have to say it is a good thing that ASM's business plan doesn't have to be worked out on this site. It would be beyond me for one to try. Considering the parent watersports corporation has grossed $100 Million worldwide in recent years they must be doing a good deal right despite the awful recessional dips happening all over. They work to keep access open through all this as well.

There are some excellent core kiters in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area with an eye and mind on keeping things open and flying. I have had the pleasure of working closely with many of them for many years. This has been the case since the start of the sport although their numbers and enthusiasm have naturally varied through that time. Taking care of business at the launch is no picnic and as a steady diet will burn folks out. Most still hit it pretty hard as conditions dictate.

I have seen the leadership ASM has brought to Miami over many years, and all the times they have come up here to fight for access in the Ft. Lauderdale area too. I can think of at least seven meetings perhaps more including City proceedings intended to fight for access, that they have attended for Ft. Lauderdale, LBTS and Pompano over the last five or so years. That's traveling 60 miles to fight for access with local kiting leaders in an area they may never ride in regularly if at all. They have always tried to meet and work through the local kite community, not beyond it. I suspect that won't change either. Our numbers and influence are too small to ignore what help we can get in keeping things going when needed.

Eric, I believe if you got in touch with Luke the store manager, he would welcome sitting down with you to discuss your concerns. I would be pleased to attend as well if you would like me to.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi