View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 AM

Thanks Rick. I hear your with the advice on not riding near people/lifeguards. That's standard practice where I ride and totally respect it.

I noticed that there are two in-land lakes near Lake Worth. Are these rideable waters? From Google Map, I also see that there's a protected Bay west of Ocean Blvd. Is this stretch rideable?

Btw, I'm not an experienced wave-rider. Where I typically ride, my freshwater lake experience is up to about 5ft swells at about 23knts or so, which is my limit. Any advice on how to best manage with shorebreaks and larger waves?

Do I need to worry about sharks while I'm there? I know that there's been closures recently due to migrating sharks near West Palm Beach I think.

How do water taxis work if I were to ride further south? Do they simply drop you off and pick up at specific times? I wouldn't mind doing this for a few sessions so I can hit some nice flat water.

Lastly, do any of the riding locations that you mentioned work for side-shore winds? I noticed the wind patterns lately shifted to more S-ly, which should be have some "on" component, but mostly cross-shore.