Thread: F u b p
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 PM

For the most part, I love the people of this country.
However, I hate (I don't use that word often, but truly mean it here) those in the government right now, especially Obamass.

I understand your hatred of BP, Steve. But (imo) you are overlooking the much larger evil that clearly didn't give a shi.t about even attempting to regulate BP. The MMS is a ****ing joke, as are most of the programs the Fed runs.

Surely you guys have read the "cut and paste" applications filed (and passed by MMS) regarding rigs in the Gulf. If not, read one.
The environmental assessments mention walrus (in the GULF?)
Also, you guys have to have read the gigantic disparities in fines levied against BP vs. the other oil companies in the last decade. BP simply didn't care and paid fines as opposed to changing behavior. I blame the regulators for allowing that to happen.

It blows my mind how much the majority of Americans pay, for the Fed gov't to do nothing (but maybe screw us). It really blows my mind.

The sadder thing is that most (I would guess 95%) don't even know what MMS stands for, let alone have the ability to question authority.
I strongly suspect this is largely due to the primary goal of our current public school system (to keep people ignorant).

Most people are falling for Obama's and Congress' crucifixion of BP.
Obviously BP is a monster. But our gov't made no attempts to tame the monster (MMS takes in billions a year on royalties for oil companies to drill and is therefore conflicted). And now Obama has the balls to point the finger?

It's way too late to blame Bush and BP, Obama. I wish someone would kick YOUR ass.

(I fully understand this rant is pointless)

Scott Fears

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 06-21-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: had to cut it down and limit anger