View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 AM

The wind the next week is looking horrible. Africa is all ready getting some cold fronts across the continent and that is a bad sign for us because it does not allow us to get the wind that is know for this area. On the flip side of that there is a surf break near the riders house were its dumping because of the front. The waves are double overhead and scary. I talked to a couple of the kiters that are going out and asked them if they were worried about the sharks because of the large population of seals in the area and they said hell no. The waves are huge all ready and it will be interesting to see how big they get as the front blows through.
The Girl Sjoukje Bredenkamp has her own website and is one tough chick. When we ride she is throwing down harder than most of the guys and she takes some pretty hard wipeouts like the guys. There are some other girls that are getting close to her in speed and she was telling me that they have some amazing talent. One being this girl Charlot from FRA and another Sophia also from FRA. They both rip and have seen them going real fast. Melisa Gill from the US is going to be here in a week and I am real excited to see what speeds she brings to the table. When Melisa was in FRA there was not to much wind so this will be a test of what the ladies can do in allot of wind. Sjoukje told me that she is gunning for 50knts in 500M and her PR is 45knts. So we will see what happens.
As for me i am just laying low, stretching, and getting my mind right for the weeks ahead.
Peace from Africa