Thread: Winter Kiting
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I was going to generate some wind bar graphs vs. time vs. location for this site but the folks at ikitesurf said they were going to do it so I backed off. Big project in any case. I guess they're still working on it.

You can do day trips from one end of mainland SE Florida to the other fairly easily. Even riding further north is feasible but after a while you'll want to just stay there overnight or for a few days. Heading south into the Keys, at a certain distance you may just want to stay over night to hang out there in the evening and avoid the drive north. If you are coming down for months, I would suggest finding places to stay in several parts of south Florida for several weeks each. You like wave sailing, correct? When the strong winds are on you will have some nice ones particularly north of Pompano increasing in size northward particularly from Jupiter and up. If you prefer calmer or flatter water the Keys may be more agreeable from that standpoint. The west coast has a number of calm water venues for various wind directions too.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi