View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM

yeah, it does suck to just watch you all go by, by the way i see it, one has to have a job to pay the bills. And since pro kiteboarding doesn't seem to be in my future, i'll take the next best thing i can find. Spending 40 hours a week on the beach, training and getting wet everyday, sneaking in a surf session (this morning was nice) and helping people out, even though most of them don't deserve it, and getting paid for it all suits me pretty well!!

I'm glad to see that the tone and point of my post was taken as I intended. This hasn't really even become an issue yet, but all the ingredients are on the table and it wouldn't take much to start the roast. We (lifeguards) don't enjoy telling someone that they CAN'T do something, but at the same time, our reason for being does have to be justified in the eyes of city budget- choppers. And we definetly don't need to get off on the wrong foot with some new supervisor snooping around on a beach he knows nothing about.

None of the other guards kite, but they all respect the sport and are impressed with some of our local talent that rides by. 30 foot Mega loops are still sick 50 yards further away!!! and just so you know, the girls that you were trying to impress are probably only 14. However, due to the hormones pumped into the mcdonald's chicken they've been eating, their looks can be decieving. This phenomenon is much more frustrating than watching you guys throw down while i'm at work......

Thanks rick for the support and your research on posting those images. I think we have a pretty tight group on this end of the county, and a friendly reminder is all we need. Ride safe fellas, i'll see you on the water