View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Can't Re-member

I don't remember any electrical power at all on the island, we were there in 2002 ( pre-charlie ). when we were there all the cabins were full with scout troops and we got the next to the last tent spot. I don't remember they had much in the way of facilities but obviously they added some nice cold running water.

here is what it says:
Cabins

"Cabins are available on Cayo Costa. Each cabin sleeps up to six people. Each cabin is furnished with three bunk beds and a table. The cabins are very primitive and do not have electricity or any other amenities. They are centrally located to bathrooms and showers. There are grills available for cooking. Each cabin is conveniently located to the beach area and nature trails. Tent camping sites are available for up to 8 people per site. There is a picnic table and a ground grill provided at each site. The sites are centrally located to bathrooms and showers and conveniently located to the beach area and nature trails. Cayo Costa has modern restroom facilities, conveniently located in the camping areas, equipped with flushable toilets and cold water rinse-off showers. Potable water is also available at the restrooms. Access to the island is by Ferry Service from several Charter Boat Services. Visitors must carry in all food and drinks, as there are no facilities on the island. All items must be taken off the island upon departure."

The cove; I don't remember it being spectacular, but I didn't get to check out the one in the south tip of the island. Is that the one you mean? the one in the middle of the island is alright.....let me know if you go, we are up for camping this year