View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchxpress View Post
Rick,
That would be a great vacation. Kiting and diving. What's the current recommendation for flying after diving? I think commercial airliners are pressurized for 8,000 ft MSL. If you have a dive computer, will it tell you when your nitrogen time is zero?

Frank
Hey Frank,

It is a great venue for both and more. It is one of the better kept islands in the Caribbean in many respects. It is best to wait at least 24 hours after your last dive before flying. Or, you can wait until your deco computer completely clears which may be around 24 hours anyway. Repetitive SCUBA diving puts you particularly at risk as does deeper profiles. I had to be careful even with the type of free diving I was doing dropping down to 90 to 125 ft. a bunch of times. Type II DCS free divers which may be prone to (CNS impacts/blindness, etc.) in extreme exposures really stinks. Had some low grade Type I hits from deep air and trimix back in the day that were bad enough. It is a great island to visit and the flight there is pretty fast as well.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by admin; 06-18-2008 at 12:48 PM.