View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM

I shouldn't reply after dinner and a few beers, but you must be smoking something from Al Gores stash so we'll call it even. peak oil has only been reached if you take 1/2 of the currently identified and recoverable sources and put them off limits. I will truly make personal sacrifices for a cleaner environment, but the goal of the environmental movement is to limit human development and prosperity. CO2 is not a pollutant it is a natural constituent of our atmosphere and the byproduct of nearly all life and almost all sources of life sustaining energy. to give government the power to control Co2 emissions is to allow them to control and tax everything. I love the outdoors, the water and especially the gulf. Do you remember how many gulf oil rigs were evacuated for Katrina? She plowed right up the only part of the gulf open to drilling. Do you remember all that crude washing up on the beach... No huh The evil oil companies have gotten that good at drilling. Live in a fantasy world if you want to, but without oil or massively more nuclear energy we would have to revert to third world conditions to exist on conservation and wind/solar/bio. Any way I can't wait for some more wind and we can all kite together again.