View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 AM

Rick - thanks again for organizing this special forum on your site. We all know you work for free and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

1/ On the subject of matheson hammock, I was riding there Saturday afternoon. The wind was awesome for a late May day. What I noted is that the traffic between the riders and the instructors/students overlaps a lot at this site. I had to duck and cover twice from students far out of the reach of their instructors that were ripping downwind uncontrollably.

One thing that might improve the user experience for both the riders and the students is if we can establish some type of downwind boundary for the teaching. What I would suggest is that everyone visualize a perpendicular line to the wind that runs through the American flag in the lagoon. If the students stay upwind of this line at all times, and riders stay either down wind of this line, or upwind of the instructors, then there is a floating corridor for instruction, and there is an area for people that already kite to actually ride comfortably with less concern for disrupting a lesson or vice versa.

2/ I agree that we need better markings for the "no ride zone", but by adding the marks to the NW of the palm tree with the drain pipe/rocks in front of it will effectively disallow launching and landing on the NW section of the "beach". Does anyone have ideas on how to mark the entire launch area so that there are two corridors visible for launching SE of the palm tree and NW or the palm tree, but it's clearly marked as a no ride zone??

Thanks for listening.

Todd Greaux