View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Post My first post

Another newbie here....About two months ago I was driving around and ended up out at Sunset beach in Tarpon and saw some people kiteboarding and needless to say I was hooked. The next day I took my girlfriend out there and after 5 minutes of watching she was hooked. My friend Eric wasn't too interested in it when I told him(he use to surf but thought it was silly when I explained it to him). About a month later there was a show on the weather channel about kitesurfing and that's all it took for him.

However we have decided to take our time getting into it....Mainly because we've hit the slow wind season....second is due to our recent move so we have to save up on the gear and lessons....But also due to the fact that after reading up on kiteboarding during the last month or so we came to the conclusion that just jumping into this would not just be stupid but dangerous.

We all went to Watersport west last week and Steve was a real help and even kept the store open past closing so we could watch the short intro video as well as explain some of the gear to us....Our next step is to take the $75 class as well as picking up a trainer to practice during the summer.

Well now that i've gotten that long winded intro out of the way I just wanted to thank the people here for a great site. This place is turning out to be real helpful and the info(such as this thread) here is really helping out in making the right decisions.