View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Default Thursday Update

Alex is on the scene. It is cool that they let other guys sesh with the pros. Alex is well on his way.

Wednesday was another great day of SW winds. The Triple S decided to do a downwinder and then sesh the Planet of the Apes flat. Guys were going super huge. Hadlow was throwin some kiteloops that were scary to watch.

Later that evening, another slider sesh infront of Real to a beautiful sunset. Billy broke his wakeboard, so he decided to use a wakeskate instead. Only guy out there with one that I could see. Winds were solid with most on 6-9m kites. Dre from Cabrinha chose a 6m and he was lit.

Today I was a bit tired and slept in, Chad came down with some bug, and Gabe hit the slick early am....like 7. After his sesh we jumped in the truck and headed to Frisco to sesh some waves on the south side. Winds were starting to back down but was doable with a 10-12M kite. This was the only session I felt comfortable joining in and I had a ton of fun. Some of the waves were head high on the outside but overall it was choppy. Reminded me of the Gulf in some ways.

The event ends tomorrow and it doesn't look like there will be any good wind on tap....but who knows.....it is the outer banks.

Side note: I-Kite-surf is extrememly accurate up here.

Last edited by Steve-O; 06-07-2008 at 08:47 PM.