View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM

It's an interesting proposition to have a light wind challenge if you will. I enjoy cruising around trying to maximum every ounce of the wind speed. Being light myself....I certainly feel I have an advantage. It wouldn't be hard to find a day to hold something like that around here.

Speaking of light wind the strangest thing happend today. A few of us shot up to Sand Key to do a downwinder. Spring time downwinders are very enjoyable for me. Anyway, the sensors were showing 15mph+ winds. I get a view of the water texture and in absolutely confirmed the sensor reading. Alot of texture and whitecaps on the water. None of us even hesitated for a second to pump up....and as a matter of fact we all didn't bring light wind boards as the wind looked and felt great. Long story short it was a slog fest.....there was just no power in the wind. Talk about sucker wind. All of sat there scratching our heads. I tried a 14 Era, a 14 Contra 3 and a 14 Switch 3 and none of them were doing the job. I bet Whitey was killin it somewhere with that damn foil. LOL!