View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Tom Stock

Quoting Roberto:
Quote:
I don't know if you saw the message that someone posted complaining, but FYI it boils down to this:
husband wife team who took 3 lessons elsewhere and still had to have remedial training, it was clear that no safety or self rescue etc learned at the "school" in Mexico.

Wind for our lessons was light but hubby doing OK starting to get up and ride - when I yelled a few times so the husband could hear me when he kept kite looping the kite on his initial powerstroke the wife apparently had an anxiety attack. When I told her it was her turn she was petrified and would not even touch the bar. Other than observing that she was a bit timid she had done fine with all the other instruction until that point, even thanking me profusely for being so patient and thorough with her.

Off to the side I asked the hubby whats up? and he said that she could not continue...so I asked him if he wanted to go again and he said no. When we went to shore I said sorry I still have to collect the fee, and that's when they got the attitude.

Altogether I spent 2 whole days - 2 sessions at East Beach and 1 session at Big Beach - so I felt it was justifiable to demand the fee.

Just in case you were curious...
Not really seeing why this is such an issue for some people.