View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Skyway Scott

Thanks for all the inputs.

Has anyone tried desktop sharing through yugma or similar?
I understand all the features with Skype and it looks good so far. I was hoping for mainly a positive response.
I am now wondering about the certified API add ons. Yugma looks great on paper. But I have read literally hundreds of people whining about yugma on forums, then read how great it is on reviews. It's hard to weed out the whining pimps who knock one thing and then say - 'We are Great'..... ya' know?

I really really appreciate your guys inputs, cuz I know they are real and you obviously don't sell the stuff.

Because of your inputs, I have decided Skype is fine (10 million people AND you guys can't be wrong ). I will be doubly safe with the sync dealio, thanks for the info, Gary.

It's Yugma I am now concerned with. Anyone had experience with this or similar?

I am basically trying to talk with people and show them how to do stuff on my desktop. So I need a 'true' web collaboration tool.

I have used similar products while working for others, such as Adobe Acrobat Connect. But, that's not cheap. Pretty expensive.

Again, thanks for all the information.

I am willing to pay for a reasonable web conferencing (with desktop sharing) tool if anyone knows of one. Reasonable to me is 70 bucks a month. It would have to be cross platform and allow others to view my desktop as well as control it, if I am going to pay

I would obviously prefer to know of any useful free or inexpensive tools out there.

Thanks guys.