View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Skyway Scott

I gave out the formula a few years ago. I won't again.

I don't know the why's, (I only care about whats) I just know TI sucks for sea breezes and that in general the closer you get to PaG on a true sea breeze, the better.
TI is the worst, the worst!! When Tom first started to ride I would tell him that. He would never listen, get skunked at TI, and I would have been litt for hours at at PaG.

Today was the first good sea breeze of the whole season near PaG. Sort of unreal... they usually start in March and begin to die out right about now. Yesterday was only about 10 to 11 knots. Today was MUCH better.

Again, I don't know why, but there is zero doubt in my mind that strong outgoing tides affect the wind patterns and increase sea breezes in the PaG area. A fisherman first told me that about 15 years ago. I thought he was full of it. Not anymore. I have noticed in the last 5 years that nearly all strong sea breezes in that area have been associated with days having a strong outgoing tide. Today's tide was sick. http://www.capmel.com/tides.htm
That's not the whole formula, but an important variable. In other words, not all strong outgoing tides have sea breezes.
But about 90% of sea breezes coincided with a strong outgoing tide (near PaG).

Because the tide is 50 minutes later each day and tides weaken as we near a quarter moon, it's rare to get 4 solid seabreezes in a row.
It's very common to get 3, though.

It sounds bizarre and out of left field, but I believe it's true.
It's happened way to often over the years to be a random coincidence.