Thread: Kite Lines
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 PM

WLLIX,

If this helps, every new rider goes through all the excitement and uncertainies of learning something completely new.

I remember when I started kiting, I took 2 lessons, bought my gear, and headed out to remote locations where no one was around, partly because I didn't want to get in everyones way, riders that is, and partly because I was affraid I would hurt people if I got out of control.

Let me tell you though, after about 5 or 6 times by myself, with a friend watching of course, I decided to head to east beach at ft. desoto.

My first time out with other kiters I met Chad and found out he lives about 4 minutes from me, and met about 6 other people that I ride with regularly.

In addition to that, my learning curve when through the roof! Just being around other kiters, watching, trying, asking questions, you will learn quickly.

The most important thing is getting a solid foundation to build upon.

You will find on the forum people can unitentionally get very defensive when it comes to safety and preserving the riding spots. Its nothing personal and Scott is right, it can be hard to tell the tone of text on here.

Bottom line, be safe have fun and all kite rock! (had to throw it in there)