View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Skyway Scott

My other HUGE gripe with forecasts is that they themselves overlooked all the days (at least 6 days) at the SW that the winds went from 15 (or less) to 30 (or way more). If Chris saw a forecast warning of gusts to 40, it's pretty obvious he wouldn't have been riding that day. Again, forecasts are for really large areas and can't replace being there and making informed decisions on your own.

In addition to our East spikes, it's amazing how badly the forecasts often underestimate the wind associated with NW cold fronts. Last year we had a day that was blowing 40 when Kev, Roberto, C. Bigger, and myself showed. The forecast was for 20 or so.

I guess my point is to not put more faith in a forecast than actual reality or let it lull your into a false sense of security.
On our upcoming NWs that we should get soon, if it says 15 to 20 the night before, that isn't a guarantee it won't hit 35 at some point.

Most riders that have ridden here a few seasons already know this. Just putting it out if you haven't experienced it yet.