View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Skyway Scott

That's reasonable advice Marina that I was aware of going into the interview.
Paul, I said similar ideas.

Out of context isn't the issue.
Out of thin blue sky is the issue. Keith made stuff up, put it in quotes, and put my name in front of it. It's that simple.
He is an exceptionally lazy reporter, screwing up even the simplest of provided information.
He asked me about the break down of our rider's ages in one question.
I gave a specific "best guess" answer, including the number of teens, and thoses over 50.
Yet, he states all the riders are in their 20's and 30's. Well, I am 40, what a dumbass.

In addition, we talked for about 2 minutes as to why St. Pete is such a great place for riding and he asked if I could ride every day. I stated clearly that mother nature won't let me ride every day, that the sport is wind dependent. However, in the article, he states it blows all the time at the coast. I also made it clear we ride in different areas on different wind directions, (not just the coastline).
Again, seems minor to many, but to me, this represents how lazy this guy is and proves he didn't keep a single note on any conversation.

Add to that the captions associated with the pictures can't even distinguish between left and right and I begin to wonder just how little attention was given to anything. Right and left is fairly straightforward.

The primary reason I am still so mad, and will be every time I think of this, is that I wanted to paint us as a group in the best possible light, without insulting Chris. I watched my language exceptionally closely and monitored myself. It didn't add up to squat with this lame guy. He obviously lacks the ability to take notes or remember a conversation. I already stated my feelings on the comments section and already wrote him as well.

I recommend not granting any interviews to the press, especially if they claim they want to paint a positive picture of the sport in response to the other recently published articles that had a negative slant.

I need to forget about this soon because my blood pressure and odds of decking this guy are both rising.
I am checking off the forum for a while.