View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Skyway Scott

Okay. I did PM you, Paul, asking your views (as opposed to doing it on the forum).
If you were saying you wish reporters would get their heads outta their asses and report the info that they received, I agree. Trust me, I did everything I could to talk safety and say we are exceptionally safe and defend us as a community.
I can't even express to you how much it hurt me to see the title of the headline, have the facts twisted, etc.
Especially the quote regarding Chris and kite size. That's a flat out lie and makes it look like I am standing back judging the kid while he is in the hospital. That quote pissed me off more than you know.

Leaving EVERYTHING out about safety is a joke, but actually inserting an unmade quote is lying. They can literally go fu.k themselves, is my take on TBO.

Sorry, I took it as wish people (kiters) would discuss safety.
I am exceptionally touchy on this subject right now and extremely mad at how badly I (and all of us) was misrepresented. I apologize if I mistook your meaning.

I also was exceptionally reluctant to do the interview, because I know that reporters are losers.
My final determination to do it was that I would watch my words closely, possibly more so than anyone else doing the interview.
I never imagined that flat out made up quotes would be made. Again, I highly recommend no one talk to the press.
They appear to have license to lie. If you do, tape record the conversation. I was actually going to do this, but we did the interview over the phone as I was driving to Skyway Jack's to meet Bob.
It wasn't even with who I thought it was going to be with.

"Sorry for the mess-up if there was one." That's exactly what my email says. What an ass.