View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
popeye

I know... DAMN is right. When I got there Scott was going HUGE. I mean really big. Then once I got out to started going over 30 again and boom bigger than I've ever seen him go, and that's big. More than 30 feet... how much more? I dunno but more. I am starting to see max jumps of 1ft per mph. Interesting coincidence.

For awhile it went over 35 and let me tell you what... 38mph on a 12M waroo is like playing russian roulette with the devil... you are bound to loose and it won't take long. Basically at that point I was so overpowered I had to put the wing tip in the water and keep it there.

I came in after holding the kite down 100 yards out like a f'in superhero, and switched to the 7M waroo. Squirly little thing... at one point I jumped hard expecting a nice big 30 footer... instead, right at about 20 feet (still accelerating) the kite inverted and shot straight DOWN, pulling me fully powered head first into the water.

Holy crap that hurt so bad I saw stars.

It's time to ditch my waroos. I don't need any more surprises like that! No more flutter bombs.

Buy hey it did better than Scott's slingshot. LOL.

So how was the skyway at 7?