View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Skyway Scott

The Royal's price point is pretty awesome as well, especially for a one-pump kite. The first night I rode it I was actually disappointed (cuz I need a replacement for my 15m Hyper and was hoping for the Era, since it's the same designer from RRD). I think Bob and I rigged the kite wrong or something, cuz it just didn't feel all that great. I ending up giving it a lukewarm review on the EK forum. I was actually very disappointed.
Since then, Bob has let me ride it at least 4 hours (rigged right.. whatever) and I now love that kite. I had to go back and switch my review on EK.
Fairly embarrassing, but I was glad my first impression was off. I am just glad something like the Hyper exists this year because after getting use to it for a year, I would be disappointed going to a lower performance light/medium wind kite. I have come to the conclusion that several (not all) kite companies can make a very good 12 and 9m kite, but nailing the 14/16 seems hard. Still a lot of kites yet to come out, but I can't imagine a 15m smoking the Era. If one does, I will buy it and be one happy camper.