View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 AM

Cool! Stumbled on this thread and am blown away that you were able to bring the 11'11" SOS Big Red with you (I've got BRed and BBlue, drove up to Wardog's, he told me he sent you one). I've got to know:

1. Any additional fee for flying with the SUB? How did the airline handle it?
2. Did you SUP it on any of those left handers when they were firing? I'm screw foot so Mancora is a "must do" for me?
3. Did you run into any other SUP surfers while down there?

It's great how the SUB opens up so many doors with locals- everywhere I go people are blown away by it (kind of the same feeling as when kiting was in its infancy). The stand up boards just make a no wind, barely surfable day a blast don't they? Cool to hear how local fishermen took to it, too. Would love to see some larger pictures of the wave set ups etc.

Am hugely jealous of your trip- you killed it bro! Go check out my blog of my baja trip with my Big Red: paddlesurf.net not as good of surf as you scored but fun. Plan on setting up a learners camp down there for next July for beginning stand up paddlers.

By the way: would love to hear your input on Big Red. I've ridden many other boards including custom shapes, C4's, Waldens etc and have not found another board that does as many things as well as the Big Red. What do you think?

See you in the water: John Ashley