View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Hey...i'm surprised this guy is still alive. I "know" exactly who it is, but at the same time i don't. Several of my buddies "Know" him as well. He must changed his life story every week....

So here is what he told me..."his name is alex; he works for the discovery channel and lives on his sailboat; he claimed to be hawaiian; he (at the time of June 2006" was planning to sail to mexico for a kiteboarding competition; he claims he is a pro kiteboarder sponsored by slingshot.

My friend, who owns a shop in the area met him as well. However, this time he was Glenn and worked for National Geographic and lived nearby and drove an orange honda element.

I stay on siesta key every summer for 2 weeks at the end of June and i encountered this guy everyday there was wind over 8 knots. He would body drag downwind about 5 times a day and would walk back up the beach with his kite attached to a caribeener on his decked out harness; occasionally dragging people behind in the water; he to told me these people were paying him for the dragging and for lessons; The weather this time of year is obviously in the 90s with water near the 90s as well. But he was always wearing a wetsuit.

I have some video of this guy that I'll load up on youtube to prove who it is. Lets get this guy out of here, i really enjoy my two stay in siesta key and I don't want to lose what kiting I can do within that period.