View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Talking Sunday Bloody Sunday

Yeah, Amber showed how tough she was yesterday! Took some pretty hard hits and just kept getting up and trying again. Rough day for her but she sure took it in stride!

Like Tom and Scott said above, we all have those days. After Amber gave up I was riding in those epic flats between Backside and EB when Gary's kite (that I just sold him) blew a LE and he had to walk about a mile back to shore with his kite and board in tow. He said it was a great time when he got to shore and wishes he could do that every session. (I didn't tell him about the bb gun that I was shooting at his LE while riding upwind of him).

So after I helped him get the kite folded up and started off on his leisurely stroll, the flats had gotten considerably more shallow. I tried to make it back and was trucking along good until a gust or two hit me and litt up my kite. I also noticed that the water had gone from 6 inches deep to 2 inches deep all of the sudden. I had about 10 seconds of that slow motion thinking "oh shit, I am screwed", looking ahead of me for oyster beds, conch's, horseshoe crabs, etc. Then all of a sudden SSSSCCCCRRRRAAAAPPPEEE and head over heels I went, tumbling and sliding across the shallows. It didn't help my ego when I came back into shore and tried to hop out of my board real nonchalant like with about 30 spectators looking on and my right bootie stuck in my foot strap. My foot came out of my bootie but the resistance sent me into a face plant into the sand!!! I'd rather get worked under a kite any day (as long as I come out of it okay of course) than be sitting here at work tho!!!

When I got home, (no exaggeration) about a shovel full of sand came plopping out of my compression shorts. At first I thought I crapped myself when I fell but upon further inspection, I confirmed that it was in fact sand. SO I GUESS I HAD SKIDDIES TOO!!!

I think a lot of people got worked yesterday. It happens, just learn from your mistakes and have a good time Ambs and it's all good!!!