View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaroo View Post
I am a beginner and wanted to know if BEST kites were good for a beginners kite?
The only reason I ask this is because it recommends launching in hooked in and isn't this a no-no for rookies?
When you refer to BEST kites, I assume your talking about WAROO's as they (BEST) also produce "C" kites

SLE/BOW/HYBRID kites are completely different animals then "C" kites.
The information your finding/reading about launching "UNhooked" is pertaining to "C" kites

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaoo View Post
I asked them about this question and they mentioned the depower and what not. But i wanted to hear if possible what you all thought about it.
Some of the same people use this forum also Mrlaoo . The amount of de-power (saftey) is what seperates SLE/BOW/HYBRID kites from "C" kites

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaoo;=16301
Also I weigh 125 and I was looking at 9 and 13m kites for my range, would this work or should I go w/ 7 11. I just like the wind range better on the 9 and 13. Well thanks for your time.
This question would be eaiser to answer if we knew the type of wind conditions in your area.
I weigh in at 165-170lbs and my 13WP is the biggest kite in my quiver (down to 12kts and up to 26kts not that i'd have it in the air @ 26kts)
Rule of thumb, Use the smallest kite you can get away with

Welcome to the sport & Be sure to take a few lessons (they'll help you more then you know/think)