View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 01:48 PM

you are 10000% wrong on that toby..

BEST gave 100% refund back plus 100$ extra for the hellfish.

i am sure there are some that bought it and didnt get their $$ back..

but from what i understand, those that bought direct from BEST got their $$$ back w/ 100$ extra.

check on kiteforum.com there is a good explanation on the problems w/ the hellfish. there are still a few that were made outside the defective production line that are out there and occasional people will pipe up that they are amazing kites..

all those in the production line were junk and would come apart in all stiching areas after short use.

Absolutely not defending BEST in any way.. just clearing up any confusion.
They looked like ultimate ass-hats after the hellfish and Shannon Best must thank whatever gods he prays to daily for the success of the waroo.

My waroo shipped w/ a leak in a strut bladder.. deflated in about 2 hours .. no biggie .. i rode it like that for a week or two..but I called the Extreme Kites and they called Best for me and I had 2 bladders the next day.

Also.. i had my OR session harness knife break and OR sent me a replacement in a few days..

All in all .. every time i have had to contaact a shop or manufactuor for help or parts I have been taken care of.

ive heard stories from various kite companies that do and do not honor broken gear replacements.. some that bend over backwards to keep the rider on their gear.. and some that ignore the rider completely..

i think that is what needs to be tracked more than random product flaws..

i will keep my money with the companies that will help you in the times of trouble. thats also why i felt good buy the Skywalker boards..smaller, newer company.. i feel that if I had an issue they will take care of me. hopefully I wont.. but if i do.. i will def. let everyone know how i am treated.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa