View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:37 PM

to relaunch a bow (under most conditions) just grab an outside line and pull.. and keep pulling and keep pulling.. its odd and it sometimes takes a little while but the wingtip will eventually catch and the kite will swing around and zoooom you are off..

I HIGHLY recommend waist deep water relaunch drills w/ her.. walk her out from shore and have her purposely set the kite down and relaunch..

of course with higher winds, the kite basically relaunches.

it will also often relauch completely downwind and tho this looks scary and gives you a slight pull, it will not rip you out of the water once you learn to sheet out as the kite is coming up.

about a week ago i had my 16 land trailing edge down in deep water and i would not relaunch for at least 10 minutes.. the entire canopy was underwater with only the leading edge out.. i started slowing swiming away from the kite and the tension eventually helped the kite rise (sloooooowly) off the water and enough canvas became exposed..
suddenly it just filled and relaunched ..

you do not have to go towards the kite to lay it on its back.. not with a bow under *most* conditions..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa