View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 11:45 AM
E-Bone

I have tangled with another kite. It suckz.

You end up with one kite flying off of the other kite's lines, flying twice as much kite than with which you started the session. It leaves a lot to be desired--you enjoy little to no kite control while completely overpowered.

The good news is that such an out-of-control ride is temporary. The bad news is that the ride is temporary because you usually get dragged into something stationary or have to ditch both kites.

In my case, only one of the kites dragged me, and that was too much. My looping 12m mysteriously depowered and flew peacefully on its front lines after dragging me for a long f*cking time at 100 f*cking miles per hour, all while I clung to the leading edge of my buddy's 12m kite for dear life. Plus, the fact that I was sh*tting my pants so fiercely propelled me forward at an even greater rate of speed.

By the time that ride was over, my kite leash was ripped in half, several lines for each kite were ripped in half, my bro's kite was torn, my bar was broken, and I had some swollen connective tissue, not to mention an atomic wedgie from the seat harness I was wearing.