View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:04 PM

I remember going to Cabarete by myself in February 2003, that was my first time I touched a kite...., in June 2003 I bought my first kite, a North Toro '02 14m. it must have been October 2003 when I met Mark and his friends taking lesson from a french instructor at Go-slow. Roger and I were already going to Club Med as soon as the wind was up, he would leave work early and I would try to beat the traffic and get there early enough to enjoy at that time still "downwind" and "walkofshame". I remember meeting Shuman on Cable Beach, Roger and I were messing on the beach where one day I actually put my Toro on a big tree, my Dad was here too and he helped me fixing it. At that time Mark must have bought a whole pile of kites and was still trying to stay upwind at Go-slow. Dave joined later on, I knew he was involved with surfing because he always had some big flags outside his home. I remember him coming down to Club Med with us and Coral Harbour where I think I gave all my best to make him stay upwind !!! The first time we all kited together must have been at Coral Harbour, maybe Spring 2004 ?? What do you guys remember ??