FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   another accident.. (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4749)

bryanleighty 09-30-2007 04:41 PM

another accident..

hopefully not killing the vibe of the last couple days.. epic riding conditions is a mild way to put it..

but.. Alex broke his ankle today at the skyway... he or Paul can update more.. but I do know he was riding in bindings and I think one foot slipped out or something.. Paul said he went to a clinic to get and x-ray and they confirmed it was broke..

:(

popeye 09-30-2007 05:21 PM

Oh that sucks... thats why I hate bindings. Bummer man, hope he heals quick.

We were all at EB... it was awesome side shore, jumping to the moon... have video will post it later.

bryanleighty 09-30-2007 06:18 PM

skyway was nice and uncrowded..
lack of water made first hour a bit hectic.. but once it filled in it was epic..

i rode Roy's 10m ERA and that kite is sick sick sick..

seriously.. it boosts like mad.

its not a kite

its a water based human catapult device.

its fast but not jittery and does not overfly like my waroo 9 does a lot.

its really an amazing kite and once it loads up the apparent wind it CRANKS.. fast fast fast.. send it and zooom you are gone.

kite-4-life 09-30-2007 06:20 PM

Wind makes me grin....

popeye 09-30-2007 07:44 PM

Oh man I want to ride that kite... I've been waiting for a chance to ride it. I rode a 14 era and it was awesome... the 10 must boost like mad. I rode the ocean rodeo 10 a little over a week ago and it yanked me out of the water so hard and fast I grunted as my stomach landed in my pelvis. I bet that ERA boosts even bigger.

I've had someone tell me that some people complain because it jumps TOO high.

Erick 09-30-2007 08:54 PM

It sucks for Alex, I hope he heal soon. Yeah I also rode Roy's Era 10 on Saturday and the hangtime is just unreal. Two words fun kite!

pdfox 10-01-2007 01:03 PM

The break was confirmed today by the orthopedic surgeon. Luckily he just has to wear a boot to immobilize it while it heals. The Doctor thought it would be 6-8 weeks. We'll have to get the details from Alex on how it happened.

inferno 10-01-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdfox (Post 23979)
The break was confirmed today by the orthopedic surgeon. Luckily he just has to wear a boot to immobilize it while it heals. The Doctor thought it would be 6-8 weeks. We'll have to get the details from Alex on how it happened.

thats almost how long im out for and i just cut my foot.......... maybe i should have broke it :confused:

Roadancer 10-01-2007 01:14 PM

Ok, so I guess I better put splints in the first aid pack.... ;)
-Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 23980)
thats almost how long im out for and i just cut my foot.......... maybe i should have broke it :confused:

popeye 10-01-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdfox (Post 23979)

Heard his board was stuck in the mud .. so maybe a little too shallow at low tide eh.

Ouch!