FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   bahama crossing (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1976)

inferno 08-24-2006 01:59 PM

bahama crossing

FYI,
im trying to get together (yes i know its really early) the things needed for the race, finding a boat and possibly sponsors, i need to know if anybody else is seriously interested in entering the race since each team has two kiters, obviously you would need to be a decent rider since its 51 miles through possibly 15ft seas
im not in it to win (but i will be trying) more just for the experience and fun,
let me know if you are seriously considering it,
danny

JoshTaylor 08-24-2006 04:58 PM

I'm definitly in... i'll be driving when that time comes around.

inferno 08-24-2006 05:06 PM

i had a feeling youd reply (your 12m should be perfect for you)
do you already have a team or did you mean your in with me, if so, cool:)
do you think cabrhina would sponsor us at all, (if so then id have to demo a cabrhina kite from WSW instead of using my best kite :lol: )
im stoked and its still 3.5 months away

JoshTaylor 08-24-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno
i had a feeling youd reply (your 12m should be perfect for you)
do you already have a team or did you mean your in with me, if so, cool:)
do you think cabrhina would sponsor us at all, (if so then id have to demo a cabrhina kite from WSW instead of using my best kite :lol: )
im stoked and its still 3.5 months away

nope, ment with you.

i'll talk to cabrinha about it when the dates a little closer. they might.

C. Moore 08-24-2006 05:39 PM

I am planning on training for the event for 2007. Danny we will talk when the time gets closer for the next event. Crazy J maybe out that year becuase of father duties. Congrats to Crazy J and Jules.

Big G 08-24-2006 05:44 PM

I am considering my boat a support vessel and spend a few days in the Bahamas. I have a few friends that make the crossing as a group with a club regularly.

I can cover a few riders...

Gary

CrazyJay 08-24-2006 07:07 PM

Come on Chris....... me out??!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!
I just talked to Neil a couple days ago and he says they are working hard on setting it up for this year. If Neil says it'll happen that usually means it will.
Of course I am planning on racing to the Bahamas this year (Julie will only be 5 months pregnant) but I am in need of a support boat. Anyone here with a 25-35 foot open water vessel? We are willing to buy gas.

Also...
The 2007 TampaBay KITEMASTERS will happen again this year.......but but but but.....

I'm gonna need some help. Julie will be 8 months pregnant by then and I will need your asistance. This year's race will be a much simplified but MUCH MUCH gnarlier version then last year. The course is 10 miles longer(28 miles) , the waves will be chest to overhead the entire way, and there will be NO (ZERO) rescue boats! How'd ya like dem cookies?!

The good news.... you will only be 150 feet from shore the whole way.

YES, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet... We are planning the Honeymoon to Undertow TampaBay KiteMasters.

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped out with last years success. Anyone who wants to VOLUNTEER for helping set up next year' event please PM me.

See ya'll at da beach... Jayson

PS: The wind is coming...... soon

JoshTaylor 08-24-2006 07:54 PM

im planning on being in both events for sure!

hey jay, what about a boarder cross, or some sort of freestyle event?

C. Moore 08-24-2006 08:35 PM

Count me in again this year Jay for help.

I wasn't sure if you could make next years Race. :D

Skyway Scott 08-25-2006 08:46 AM

Congrats Jayson :D

When Chris said you weren't in the BC my mind couldn't wrap around it. Then I read your post and the the universe made perfect sense again. You not in an event like that just wouldn't be right.

I will bet right now that Jay and partner place 3rd or better.
(no one is allowed to ride behind a cruise liner this year, right?)