FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Skyway, aka the Highway to Hell (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4584)

RKITEKT 09-08-2007 01:44 AM

Yah... what Sean said...

I've been reading all these posts and I agree with Sean. JUVENILE!

I don't care to get into the politics and drama with any one of you. I am sure you could fire some ammo back at me if I did get into it. So, with that said, I remain on the outside and wish to stay there. I have had my share of OOOPS and ****UPS! I push it to the EDGE QUITE OFTEN. Sometimes I go over that EDGE and lose it and sometimes lose some flesh. HOWEVER, I know my safety triggers and routines, I know how to be polite to other riders, park my kite high upwind, low down wind and look before turning your kite or jumping. I know all these courtesies that should be MADE RULES. Yet, I get carried away, I get caught up in the madness just like everyone, and suddenly I am the one coming at you with my board pointing at your NUTS!

I've never hurt anyone or crashed anyone else's kite, caused anyone else to crash. I sure have come close a few times, but DAMN if I could count all the times someone ELSE has suddenly put me in danger, then it would be another story! I've been pretty wreckless to my own body and kite, but thats no secret. I got my kite bumped by this asshole's kite and I turned to see who it was and HE FLIPPED ME OFF leaving. I couldn't see who it was, so I turned and chased his ass down FULL POWERED UP! It turned out to be a kitesurfin friend of mine and we laughed it off. LOL

Look, everyone likes to show off right in front of the beach. I have even done so myself. You tend to do that especially when a professional photographer is wanting pics of you, and Billy Parker shows up. Egos get the best of some riders! I laugh it off. After all this recent madness though, **** THE PHOTOS and SHOWING OFF, I AM STAYING UP WIND OF ALL OF YOU! HAHA

DID YOU ALL KNOW THERE IS A NICE LITTLE TIKI HUT SERVING MARGARITAS ABOUT A MILE OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY PAST THE SANDBAR? YUP... MERMAIDS SERVING THE SHIT... STRAIGHT UP!

Anyway, I actually have something important to say, but I will post it in a new post called "SKY WAY Wind Currents Water Currents"

~See you all at the highway to hell.

Christopher aka RKITEKT aka Captain America aka Flash aka CrazyChris

popeye 09-08-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKITEKT (Post 22786)
I have had my share of OOOPS and ****UPS! I push it to the EDGE QUITE OFTEN. Sometimes I go over that EDGE and lose it and sometimes lose some flesh. I get carried away, I get caught up in the madness just like everyone, and suddenly I am the one coming at you with my board pointing at your NUTS!

I've never hurt anyone or crashed anyone else's kite, caused anyone else to crash. I sure have come close a few times, but DAMN if I could count all the times someone ELSE has suddenly put me in danger, then it would be another story!

Look, everyone likes to show off right in front of the beach. I have even done so myself. You tend to do that especially when a professional photographer is wanting pics of you,

Sounds like you are one of those people you are complaining about!

There is no excuse for "almost taking someone out" because you were showing off near shore for a camera. That's complete B.S. no matter who it is.

Professional photographers have telephoto lenses. You don't have to be on shore for them to frame you up.

Glad to hear you are going to try not to do it anymore... that's one less person in the cluster f#$.

BTW, the juvenile statment was was unrelated to this thread.. it was about something which happened on the beach.

RKITEKT 09-08-2007 11:44 AM

Hmmm

If you are a complete SAINT on your board 100% of the time, then I do ACTUALLY RESPECT YOUR COMMENT towards me. I appreciate your input, but I've read all the threads, and I simply agree with Sean! Just go back and read for about 3 weeks... you will get a feel of who is running their mouth in EGO and who is trying to help. Some people just like to bitch and complain... don't actually try to find the problems and come up with solutions. Some people didn't get enough of JR. HIGH.

I didn't come on here at 3 am to bitch and complain.... I came on here to put my two cents in, acknowledge the problems at SW and try to find solutions. I have no REGRETS admitting that I have screwed up showing off too! I am human. Crucify me if you will, but be prepared to go out the same way.You show me someone who hasn't and then change your attitude, and then maybe we can all get along and practice boading more safely at the BRIDGE.

Moral of the story: go up wind far enough at SW bridge if you are going to be jumping and doing wild tricks. I will continue to embed this into my brain... and tell others who are just learning or just don't get it yet.

Go do some Yoga or something...Peace out!

popeye 09-08-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

If you are a complete SAINT on your board 100% of the time, then I do ACTUALLY RESPECT YOUR COMMENT towards me. I appreciate your input, but I've read all the threads, and I simply agree with Sean! Just go back and read for about 3 weeks... you will get a feel of who is running their mouth in EGO and who is trying to help. Some people just like to bitch and complain... don't actually try to find the problems and come up with solutions. Some people didn't get enough of JR. HIGH.
OHHH... yeah I know what you are talking about now... Yeah you're right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKITEKT (Post 22796)

Moral of the story: go up wind far enough at SW bridge if you are going to be jumping and doing wild tricks. I will continue to embed this into my brain... and tell others who are just learning or just don't get it yet.

I hear this more often than I see it.

RKITEKT 09-08-2007 01:09 PM

yah yah yah... Guess I could have just not said a word... ;-)

stormatzio 09-09-2007 12:35 AM

You think it's crazy at the Skyway, wait until it blows out of the south or west...

So this is about my second post ever but I actually have my two cents to add. I went to the Skyway on Thursday and saw a whole bunch of people I have never seen before trying to ride in 10-12Kts of winds. There were a lot of fluttering kites hanging straight in the air. Probably 2 or 3 guys barely staying up wind. It was just looking ugly. I decided not to tempt fate and I guess I missed a pretty good late session.

So here it is.... The moment we have all dreaded...... People, lots and lots of people. The wind sucked the other day and the beach was packed. Gone are the days of hanging out and knowing everyone in the water and how they ride. Who you should stay away from and who is a good rider.

I see all of these posts about the skyway not being a beginner launch. My take is that the skyway is about the safest launch around. East Beach - slippery as hell most of the time, full of sightseers, palm trees, and road signs. Sure the water is shallow, but there is no really good bailout point other then the beach. Remember the guy who was dragged into the minivan last year...... Gulf - Newbies riding surf with a beach full of tourist and gusty conditions... I can't wait to read the post about that. Westside of Skyway - Oyster bars, boat channel, ankle deep water at low tide, big submerged pipe we have all dinged our boards on, slippery as hell muddy bottom, launch about the size of a postage stamp. How many people are we going to be cleaning out of the trees this year? I could go on and on, Southside of Skyway, Lassen, etc. We all learned in these spots when there were 20 of us total, Dakota was a puppy, and the one pump was the trickest thing on the market.

I haven't thought of an answer to this problem. I know it's not going to get any better with crowds and people are not going to stop wanting to learn. The summer is almost over and the wind is only a few weeks away, no matter what happens, I can't wait for the season to get going.

popeye 09-09-2007 08:31 AM

I have one word to describe it: carnage

It's going to be an interesting season!

RKITEKT 09-09-2007 11:19 PM

one word

I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh... "one word: carnage"

Skyway Scott 09-10-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kite-4-life (Post 22843)
I hate to be the one to ask, but what happened to everyone working together to create a sign/banding system to try to manage the rapid growth?

I think reality happened and many of us witnessed it.

Wolfie 09-10-2007 07:37 AM

Well...I still haven't given up, but I don't know how much I can do alone. I will try to keep talking to those who will listen. I'm sure no one wants to be the one to get us banned from SW. I'm going to try to approach those experienced riders who do tricks recklessly close to the beach and see if they will just try to go a little further out. It is those of us who have ridden for awhile whom all the new people are emulating.
I'm sure I will not be the coolest one out there...I'm sure few will listen straight out. But I feel I have to do my best. I'm sure if/when we do get banned from SW, at least people will take it more seriously. I bet we will be on an even shorter rope at Lassing if everyone has to show up there.