FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   3 Rooker Sucked (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6440)

Steve-O 05-11-2008 08:16 PM

3 Rooker Sucked

Man oh man.....3-rooker sucked today. Don't know what was up with the wind but it was gusty as hell. There were so many boats out there that there was no room to ride. Tide was an issue too....I even saw dead fish.

Guess you can't win em all. Hope everyone else had a good time cuz we sure didn't.

:)

Whitey 05-11-2008 09:15 PM

I agree Steve. wish I would have stayed home and cooked brunch for the wife. We need to start going back down south where the water is clean and the wind is steady.

Tony 05-12-2008 07:05 AM

Wow - first time I have heard you complaining about 3 Rooker. Sorry to hear that. I went to Sunset at 4PM - it was one of the best sessions I have had - rode till about 6:30. Brian May was out there as well. Conditions were a little gusty but overall - great.

Skyway Scott 05-12-2008 07:51 AM

Yeah, that's too bad, Steve. 3R usually sounds great.
I heard mixed things yesterday. Several guys from different areas said it was really gusty. Then I read on here some spots were great. Weird.

Hey, at least you weren't at home puking and really sick, WHILE burning brownie points for no reason. Since it was windy, I am convinced my mom thinks I blew off Mother's Day. :mad:

Oh well, such is wind. Next time, I guess.

Danimal8199 05-12-2008 07:53 AM

Sunset Park was real nice from pretty much, well, all day! A little overcast in the early afternoon but great temps and great wind!

Kitespear813 05-12-2008 08:00 AM

Rode Cypress All day well powered on my 11m, I didn't touch the beach for at least 2 1/2 hrs. Had the whole place to myself. Except for the crowding beach goers. Awesome day. I am whooped.

Steve-O 05-12-2008 02:05 PM

Fish on!!!!!

C'mon were talking 3 Rooker here! I did see a dead fish though!

TBKA 05-12-2008 02:29 PM

3 rooker sucks...
nothing but a bunch of sand and flat water out there.
How boring can you get?:rolleyes:

bayflite 05-12-2008 07:43 PM

the wind (yesterday) was good at TI
but..
the the chop made me realize why the backside is so popular.

Tom Stock 05-12-2008 08:30 PM

I think the ticket yesterday was a big kite. If you were on a 15 or so you probably thought it was ok... 13 or smaller, it sucked... because the lulls were pretty bad making it hard to stay powered up.

Today backside was AWESOME on a 16, but still a little gusty... however not as choppy so it was a good time. If I had rigged anything smaller (which would have worked) it would have probably sucked because of the lulls.

I was lit on my 16 tho... the gusts getting near the stable top end of that kite.